A while ago I mentioned how I’m looking to expand on my plastic dwarf army with some non Citadel additions; the plastic solid cast crossbow dwarfs from EM4 (previously Grenadier’s plastics from their boxed game Fantasy Warriors). Paul of sho3box fame kindly offered to send me a few. I got more than a few though, so thank you very much Paul (once again)! The dwarfs look solid size wise while the orcs are a bit small and will be used as hobgoblins for the poor chaos dwarfs who only would have one troop type available. It all depends on how they paint up though. Expect a review on that soonish.
I also got a nice old Puggy Baconbreath (Citadel Blood Bowl star player) in the same shipment. Awesome mini! He’s filling the last halfling position in my Doom Forgers team and once I finish up the clone dwarfs I’m working on now he’s first in the painting queue.
I’ve been busy painting a little recently, but can’t show the stuff just yet. I’ve got an entry done for the Golden Gobbos (including a cheesy write-up and probably highly illegal WHFB3 stat line and special rules) and have finished a few more of my plastic dwarfs. I’ll post them as soon as I’ve got the whole unit done. Next week, probably.
So with these additions and the recent painting, the annual total is now 57 painted – 220 acquired = -163
Good thing the Reaper Bones pledge models won’t land until next year or my annual total would be shot to hell and then some! My painting plan is as follows:
- Finish the current unit of dwarfs for WHFB (5 models, all are WIP)
- Paint up Puggy in Doom Forgers’ colours (1 model, bare metal)
- Finish the rest of the Doom Forgers (9 models, all primed and ready for paint)
- Do random small critters, possibly some 18mm stuff – just to get the annual total as low as possible (and because I really feel like painting small scale fantasy). I’ve got a bunch of 28 mm wolves primed and ready for paint for instance. Also have some bats, lesser goblins (ie snotlings) and such to do. Yes, I’m going to use dirty tricks to sort out my annual total.
- While doing the above, I’ll also drop in on the Grenadier plastics from time to time.
I’ve rebased some minis I bought painted from people over at LAF and those will be photographed and posted here soon too. It’s been a while since I posted anything painted.